Monday, July 18, 2011

Up&Coming: Baiyu (Exclusive Interview)



Musiz Ave:
How do you describe your sound?

Baiyu:
My sound is Soulful-Pop with a R&B edge!!!

Musiz Ave:
Who are your biggest influences as an artist??

Baiyu:
I discovered American music when I moved to the states,in the 90s. When R&B greats like Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston, and Mary J Blidge really struck a cord with me. Those same artist have fueled my creativity throughout the years,and largely influenced my music.

Musiz Ave:
Who are your dream collaborations?

Baiyu:
From a duet standpoint, I would absolutely love to do a song with Usher. His sound is so polished and raw,I think whatever we make would be out of this world. As far as female collab,Lady GaGa is someone who's been extremely innovative and daring. Both in her music and style, those are two artist that I know I could make some powerful iconic tunes with.

Musiz Ave:
Where do you want your career to be in 5 years?

Baiyu:
In 5 years my dreams would be, to really gain some ground on building my empire. I have so many big ideas that bridge everything from music, film, to even comic books. And these are all elements that could become, the foundation to something incredible.

Musiz Ave:
Your favorite top five songs?

Baiyu:
(From 5-1)

5.Joe-Stutter
4.India.Arie-Brown Skin
3.Mary J.Blige-No More Drama
4.Mariah Carey & Boyz 2 Men-One Sweet Day
1.Baiyu-The best song I have yet to write!!

Special thanks to Baiyu for granting me this interview you're about to blow up!! Want more info on Baiyu follow her twitter @BaiyuMusic or check out her website Baiyuonline.com!!

No comments:

Post a Comment